The Association of Rootes Car Clubs is always looking for ways to enhance benefits for members and have announced, with immediate effect, the introduction of a new and exclusive insurance scheme to ARCC Member Clubs to replace the previous scheme.
They have arranged a scheme with CLASSICLINE who are well respected classic car insurance providers based in Hinckley, Leicestershire. They have been in business for just over 30 years and have tailored a scheme to suit our needs.
Unlike many other specialists, Classicline deal mainly with niche car insurance, so you can be sure that when you make contact with them you get the right person straight away. Whilst they do have online enquiry and quote facilities, they encourage direct telephone enquiries and personal contact. They have dedicated staff who have many years of dealing with classic car owners, and the senior management are enthusiasts too, sharing our hobby.
The ARCC wanted to choose an insurer that gave a complete package as standard. The policy which Classicline are offering us automatically includes the following:
- Comprehensive cover, with continental use included.
- Unlimited mileage. This will apply to all our club vehicles. Members will be asked to limit.
- UK and Continental breakdown and recovery included with Home Start.
- Sensible policy excesses.
- A dedicated claims line is used for claims reporting and should any vehicle be subject importantly, the policyholder will be able to choose a repairer of his or her own choice. This eliminates the use of modern vehicle approved repairers who have limited experience of repairing classic cars.
- Uninsured loss recovery insurance is often a chargeable extra, but this again will be included within the premium quoted.
- Discounted rates for ARCC member clubs.
In addition, Classicline will also offer the following if required:
Agreed valuation can be included, subject to approval by Classicline’s in-house valuer and we strongly advise this. Club valuations will also be accepted.
Young drivers can be catered for from the age of 18 with at least 12 months with a full drivers licence in force.
The scheme has the facility to add additional vehicles once an initial Classic Car policy has been issued. These can be any other classic or modern vehicles owned by the policyholder and provides the ability to have all vehicles covered under one contract. Any vehicles added mid-term will be charged at a pro rata premium up to the initial renewal date. This means that the ARCC discount can be applied to your main modern vehicles as well. For those members wanting to keep a separate policy for each vehicle and maintain different renewal dates, this is also possible. Complete flexibility being the aim for members. Car trailers can also be insured
Home insurance quotations can be provided, with the option to include specific cover for your own vehicle spares and workshop tools kept for personal use.
Have you ever considered the value of the vehicle spares on your property?
The ARCC have looked at example quotations and find the premiums to be extremely competitive. This scheme is available now and we would encourage members to give it a try and feel certain that you will be happy with the premium quoted, especially when taking into account the excellent policy cover provided. The ARCC committee certainly feels that the scheme must be regarded as a valued membership benefit.
Classicline can be contacted on the telephone on 01455 639 000 or online at